Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Reflection Of Community Project


   From doing this project, I learned a lot about the history of my community. It was very interesting to know the changes of my community over the years. With these changes came changes in the demographic makeup of my community, thus changing people’s dreams. Since the change in the community, the place became much more safe, and a hub for education. My community is a melting pot of dreams, and goals of students as well as working people. From this project, I learned that the American dream and where you come from go hand in hand.
   The end result of the project differed from my original outline. I thought that the American dream would be defined as being wealthy or success, but most of the answers I got were about providing for future generations and security in their lives. I was challenged by this project by having to break out of my shell to do interviews with people. I am very happy I did this project because I was able to go deeper into what motivates people to do things, and the dreams of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment